


Sissy's Engaged!!
When they were out in MARCH :o), Travis asked Sissy to marry him, (but not before asking Talon's permission - ah way to make brownie points with the dad- so cool for Talon) We are so excited for them. Travis is a very kind and genuine young man that treats Sissy very well. He will be a great addition to the family. They are shooting for a date in August 2010... I personally can't wait that long (Sissy says I have to :o) CONGRATULATIONS SWEETHEART!
The Dreams
Torra is playing in a band now and just loves it. They have done gigs at the Kaliedescope Mall, a skate rink in San Clemente and couple battles of the bands. It is a 13 year old's dream come true... at least our 13 year old. She loves it and does a great job with her keyboard, back up vocals and dancing. TOO FUN! This video is not the best - somewhere on MySpace her friend has a whole website about them... ?? but not sure where that is right now..
My brother "Yo" passed away after a tough battle with cancer on April 21st. I really miss him. He was my big bro that always handled things with such integrity and smarts and no-nonsense. In the past few months I was allowed into his world to see what an amazing person and friend he was. I am so grateful to his wife Carol and so glad she "is stuck with us" now. At times like this, we can't help remembering how fragile life is ... I have found strength in the love of my family and the embrace of friends.
Konrie Sweet 16 on April 28th!!
It's hard to believe she is 16! The other night a boy called to ask her if she wanted to go to the movies w
ith his family and him. I said "hmmm, it sounds like a date to me." (meaning I didn't think it was such a good idea) ha... Konrie replied... "yea kinda" Oops, forgot she was 16 - guess it's okay now. And where did those 16 years go. Wow! The girls at church came and surprised her with kisses all over her room... "Sweet 16 and now y
ou've been kissed!" Too cute! For her party she and her friends went to Lazer Quest and battled it out then came home and played some silly games and watched a movie. She said it was her perfect party! (phew!)
And tonight she went to the prom with her friend Tyler. She looked amazing (with special thanks to her cousin Jackie as the makeup artist and all those years of practice I had doing hair for Sundays). Such a beautiful young lady - inside and out. I hope all of the other girls are as easy to get along with and easy to please as Miss Konrie. She loved her dress, her shoes, the clutch purse, her hair, her makeup... "everything is perfect" - lucky us!
Here is the group they went with... friends mostly from choir...
But it's hard to believe what a mess a few seaguls can make...
ha ha
And so it goes... If I had a Blog, I would celebrate life. I would enjoy the moments. And thank my Father in Heaven for each new day and each blessing - especially my family and friends and the Gospel.

5 comments:
I'm glad you decided to "catch up" on here! I don't get nearly enough of your cute family. Here's to celebrating life. You are awesome!
I am so glad you gave me something to do today, instead of laundry! Looking at your girls so grown up and gorgeous makes me feel so old - I taught them when they were in Jr. Primary for crying out loud! Congratulations on the wedding too - what a fun event for you all to look forward to!
Hi Stephanie,....i had fun looking at your blog, I too started one.
Hopefully you can come over to it and see what we have been up to as well. I sure wish we had blogs when we were raising our little ones. But at least we have it now.
Katie Rivera
p.s. is that primary music i hear i the background..?? (smiling)
Katie - did you write anything yet? It just came up blank... ??
Hey Steph! Love your blog! Wow a lot has happened!! Sorry to hear about your brother :( he sounded like a wonderful man. I can't believe Torra is in a band that's huge!! and Konrie is 16 and dating! holy cow! :) They are all so amazing and beautiful as are you! miss ya friend!
Post a Comment